Seeking Help with Marketing & Communications for Downtown Eagle
PAID PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Town of Eagle Downtown Development Authority (Eagle DDA) seeks a dynamic and forward thinking Communications Intern to develop and implement our strategy to more deeply engage with the community and our partners. This position will work with Eagle DDA’s Board of Directors. The key responsibilities will include creating content and updating our website and social media, working to establish a system for collecting and compiling updates from partners, and updating the Board of Directors at monthly meetings. The ideal candidate will have experience with content development and messaging, be comfortable using an array of platforms, graphic design and digital tools, possess superior writing and editing skills, and have a demonstrated interest in community and social innovation.
- Engage with partners and Board Members and develop content to reflect ideas, innovations, and messaging to inspire our audience.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and refining Eagle DDA’s digital communications strategies
- Monitor current events, trends, and influencers to anticipate content to engage in broader public dialogue
- Maintain digital media platforms and social networking sites including Eagle DDA’s website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, and e-newsletters.
- Track and analyze data for evaluation of effectiveness of communications and activities
- Create reports for organizational measurement with action items across communication platforms
- Two years applicable experience required (or variation)
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities including editing, public speaking, and fast & effective research capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills including an ability to get up to speed on new topics quickly
- Excellent knowledge of websites and social media tools
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, or Illustrator a plus
- Demonstrated interest in urban and public sector innovation, and community engagement is a plus
The internship pays $500 per month to work remotely, with an in person meeting required each six month period. This is a 10 hour a month position from June 30, 2023 to Dec 31, 2023 with a renewable contract option. If successful, this could lead to a longer-term arrangement. Please send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to Nikki Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2023. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
About Town of Eagle Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
The Eagle Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is established to halt and prevent deterioration of property values within its district and to assist in the development and redevelopment of its district and to use its power to promote the general welfare of the district by the use of its direct and supplemental powers. The Eagle DDA will work for 30 years using tax increment finance to harness existing tax dollars and reinvest them in the downtown area to encourage private sector investment towards the vision of a vibrant and thriving downtown.